Friday, April 30, 2010

Sightseeing

One of LA's famous landmarks, Greystone Mansion, is not too far from our house, so Peter and I thought we would go check it out.



It is a long walk, practically all uphill. When we got there, it was really beautiful, but possibly the least stroller-friendly place I have ever been. See all those stairs?



I took Peter out of the stroller and we did a little bit of exploring. We saw some of the gardens, but couldn't get anywhere close to the mansion itself. Too many stairs to climb while carrying a 20 pound baby.



We took a rest in the shade and Peter sorted the mail.




We found a spot by this pond to put our blanket.



Thank goodness I brought the mail with me. Peter had a great time reviewing the Nannette Lepore sale postcard and the mortgage rates from ING.



If you look really, really closely, you might just catch a glimpse of the top teeth Peter is getting. They are not the ones in the middle, but the ones next to that. Sort of like a jack-o-lantern.



After a while, we went over to check out the pond. It was filled with turtles and koi!



One of the park rangers was there feeding the fish and turtles and he told us that the pond is basically a dumping ground for unwanted pet turtles. He said that the park has never introduced turtles to the pond... That all the turtles are there because people bring them once their kids don't want them anymore. Kind of sad, but also, not a bad life for a turtle!



Peter was mesmerized. Maybe we should get him a turtle. If he doesn't like it, I'll know just where to take it.



1 comment:

Mimi said...

So I was showing Lucy your pictures and I I said "Look, there's Peter" and she replied with "Is that Peter Pan?" :)