Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Irrational Behavior

What a crazy morning! The Missoni for Target collection launched today. I adore Missoni! One of my first big clothing purchases as an adult was a pair of Missoni pants that I bought in New York shortly after college graduation. I have no idea where they are now... probably in a box in our garage... but I am going to find them!  

Anyway... I was soooo excited for the collection at Target, and then last night I started to get really anxious about the availability. There were a ton of blogs and tweets about how it was going to be sold out in minutes and how the New York pop-up store ran out of merchandise in just a few hours earlier this month. Yikes! What was I going to do?? 

I woke up a little after 5 this morning and tried to get on the Target website. Apparently, I was not the only person with this idea. The website crashed due to all of the activity and has been down all morning!


I guess there was only one other option... I had to go to the store in person with the rest of the crazies.

I arrived at 7:30am for the 8:00am store opening. There were probably 50-100 people in line on two different floors waiting to get in.


By the time I got to the women's clothes, everything was gone (except some fairly unattractive green coats. Who need coats in Southern California?)! Apparently, a few real lunatics grabbed entire racks of clothes and were shoving people out of the way. Wow. 


Luckily, I managed a fantastic score in tableware and kids' clothes. Woo hoo! Here is my loot...


At home...


I love these plastic tumblers. They will be perfect for outside.


I am guessing you will probably see Clara in this outfit pretty soon.


Awesome plates and a platter for outside, too.


As of this posting, the Target website is still down! I wonder if I will ever be able to buy the dress and tights I want. 

1 comment:

Sarah Richardson said...

That is crazy!!!! Do I even dare attempt our stores in the burbs? The line does look insane. Love it all. Glad you were able to walk away with something...Clara NEEDS it all!!