Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Climbing Trees

We had a super fun adventure at Franklin Canyon Park the other day. 


We had no idea that the park existed until a friend from Peter's school told us about it. Turns out it is practically in our backyard. 

It has a very cool duck pond. 


There are also lots of trails for hiking,


Rocks to sit on, 


Trees to climb, 


and benches for picnics.


Both kids loved it, and it made Ben and I feel a little bit like we were back in the Midwest rather than right in the middle of the second biggest city in the US. 


Peter has been talking about climbing the trees ever since we returned. 


 We'll go back soon, I promise.








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cool place. I hope I can go with Peter and Clara and climb some trees with them someday. I used to LOVE to climb trees.