Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Go, Clippers!

A couple of weeks ago, Ben and I accidentally won two courtside tickets to a Los Angeles Clippers basketball game at a fundraiser for Peter's preschool. We had no intention of winning the tickets. We only bid on them because there were no other bids on the package, yet, and we felt pressure to participate in the silent auction at the event. Also, they had been serving us wine. 

Anyway... last night was the game and WOW, I couldn't believe the fancy star treatment we received. I felt like a celeb. I can't even put into words how happy Ben was. 

Included in our ticket package was a valet parking pass. This is where we parked, literally at the front door of the Staples Center. Amazing! 


Next, we went to the Lexus Club, (which I didn't even know existed until last night),




And enjoyed a delicious dinner on an outdoor terrace before the game.


This is me holding our game tickets. Why the weird face? Not sure. I was excited, I guess. 


This is the view of the area surrounding the Staples Center from our dinner table. 


Our seats were ON THE COURT. Wowwow!




Our tickets also gave us admission to the Porsche Courtside Club, a cool lounge where we hung out with the other fancy people during halftime. 


Ok, so maybe the guy in the State Farm t-shirt is not that fancy, but some of the other people were! 


I don't even remember who the Clippers played, but it was a fun, fun, fun experience that I'll probably never have again. 


Next year, we are bidding on a spa package at the silent auction. 




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really fun and extravagant! I love surprises like that. Aren't you glad you won those tickets?

mini and brother said...

Your life is so boring.

Unknown said...

wow,It looks so exciting, I also like NBA.