Thursday, February 25, 2010

Arts & Crafts

After Peter's appointment on Monday, we stopped in Burbank at the arts & crafts superstore, Michael's.



I have been to Michael's exactly one other time in my life and that was for Ben's 30th birthday party when I made party favor refrigerator magnets of this photo:



When I got home, I was so excited to start my crafts project. I got everything situated on the patio. I had to put masking tape around the whole band so that I didn't get any paint on the inside. That was the hardest part.




After one coat of paint...


After two coats...




I added some stickers on the front and applied a coat of gloss over the whole thing.




Peter seems to like it.



I might try adding some additional details soon, but considering it took me 3 days just to paint it blue and add his name, I am not promising anything.








4 comments:

Unknown said...

Annabelle, I'm loving your blog and you are such a wonderful Mommy. Peter is lucky to have you, and this arts & crafts project turned out fab! He looks adorable.

Dorothy said...

Annabelle, this is so cool. He looks adorable - and very happy. Blue was a very good choice. I can't wait to see him in person.
Dorothy

Sarah Richardson said...

OMG I LOVE IT! Good job!!! It's adorable!!!! What a good Mommy you are! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Well, goddaughter, you continue to flabbergast me with your intelligence, wit and love.....So, so cool, you are. I can't wait to see you all again very soon!