Friday, April 26, 2013

School Happenings

Today, I got to be the Mystery Guest in Peter's class. I brought one of Peter's favorite books from home, "The Circus Ship", and was there waiting for the kids when they came back inside from the playground. I could hear Peter's teacher saying, "I wonder who our mystery guest will be today," as she led them back to the class. When Peter saw that it was me, he screamed so loudly, "It's MY mommy! It's my mommy!" and was so excited. It was really special and fun. I hope I can do it again sometime. 


At the end of the school day, one of Peter's shoes was missing. Another friend has mistakenly taken it. Peter's nice teacher offered to carry him all the way up the hill to Clara's class. I felt sort of badly because Peter's teacher is one of the smallest people I've ever met in my life. 


And it is not a short walk up to Clara's class! 


This picture is from earlier in the week. Peter and Clara say "bye" to each other each morning through the good-bye window in Clara's class. Cute stuff. 



3 comments:

Erica said...

Mystery guest... How cool. What a neat idea.

Sarah Richardson said...

The goodbye window is THE MOST adorable picture EVER!!!!!!!! Love those two!

sarah richardson said...

Precious.