Sunday, March 21, 2010

A Day Without Peter

While Nonnie visited LA, Ben and I escaped to Santa Barbara wine country for one night and left Peter with Nonnie. It was the first time we spent a night away from him.

"Bye, Peter!"



Woo hoo... We were on our way!



Getting close...



Our first stop was the Qupe tasting room in Los Olivos.



Fantastic.



We stopped at the winery where we bought the rosé that was served at our wedding.



They have a really great cat who just hangs out on the wine bar. Check out that guy in the background finishing his glass of wine. Look familiar?



When we got back to our fancy hotel, we opened one of our favorite bottles and enjoyed a cocktail in plastic cups.



We had the most amazing dinner at the Ballard Inn.



It really was one of the top three dinners ever, and so nice to be able to linger over our meal instead of rushing to finish like we do when Peter is with us.



Self-portrait at 9:45am the next morning along Foxen Canyon Road. We were killing some time before the wineries opened at 10. We were pretty much the only people tasting wine at that time of day.



Such a beautiful landscape.





After a couple of wineries, we headed back towards LA. We stopped in Santa Barbara at our favorite restaurant on Stern's Wharf for lunch.




Check out that crab! Delicious!





Finally, we got back to LA and checked on Nonnie and Peter. They had had a really great time together. For Nonnie's last night in town, we went to the bar at the Sunset Tower hotel and watched the sunset.



Peter loved sitting by the pool.



"Hmm... What should we order...?"



We had a really great trip to Santa Barbara, and a fun time with Nonnie visiting. Thanks, Nonnie!

4 comments:

Dorothy said...

What a wonderful trip you had. I envy the eating experiences. Bob and I will have to try these places out. I am glad you had such a good time. Peter by the pool is pretty cool too. I am glad your mom had such a good visit.

sarah richardson said...

I'm home after a long day of flying. I miss being in California with my perfect little family who provided a wonderful week of "firsts" for me. I wish I were putting Peter to bed right now.

XX00,
Nonnie (Mom)

Sarah Richardson said...

So cute! Looks like you had a great time away!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the picture of Peter on the lounge chair at Sunset Tower....what a stylish guy. Great pics! So glad everyone had such a great time! xoxo

Erica said...

I love the picture of Peter by the pool too! So cute. What a great trip.