Monday, August 29, 2011

Finally a Valley Girl

On Saturday, we moved out of the only house Peter and Clara have ever known... a 900 square foot bungalow in West Hollywood that was becoming a little too crowded for a family of four.


Bye-bye smallest living room ever...



So long chain smoking landlord...


Hello, Sherman Oaks!

Sherman Oaks is in the San Fernando valley and makes me think about when I was a little girl and my neighbor and I would pretend to be valley girls just like in the movies. Now, I am a legit valley girl! Like, totally awesome, right?


Hello, quiet backyard...


Hello, avocado, lime, lemon and orange trees...


Hello, sunrise view from my kitchen window!


The new house has A LOT more nature than our old West Hollywood place. We've seen a few of these guys...



Ben even saw a snake in the backyard yesterday, which means I'm going to have to stick to enjoying the view from the kitchen window because there is no way I'm going outside ever again.

Thank goodness for our guard cat.


I'll post some more pictures when we get the inside a little more settled. For now, I am just thankful the move is over. Whew!


3 comments:

Dorothy said...

Thanks for taking the time to show these. I love it. What wonderful views.

Anonymous said...

I want to live there, too, but not until all the snakes are gone. Great looking place for those two growing children.

Erica said...

Congrats! I love the nature views! Like, totally rad, valley girl!