Sunday, August 7, 2011

Looking Back

Peter will be two next week and I am feeling a little nostalgic. I hope no one will mind a little trip down memory lane with me...

2010 - This was Peter's birthday a year ago. Look at my bald little mister. I wonder if poor Clara will also be bald til she's 1+.


Here's another pic from this time last year of Peter helping me at the bank.


In August 2009, we were just getting ready to meet Peter.


The weekend before Peter was born, we went wine tasting in Santa Barbara. (I mean, Ben went wine tasting.)

This photo is from August 2008 at the LA planetarium. Can you see the tiny Hollywood sign in the background? I'm pretty sure Ben and I both still have those exact same outfits. Time for some new clothes!


And to REALLY show just how much our lives have changed... This photo is from 2007. I don't know what we were doing, but I'm pretty sure there was lots of wine involved.



Should I keep going?

2006 - We drank fruity drinks together at a friend's birthday. Didn't need to worry about getting a babysitter then.



2005 - Champagne brunch at the Four Seasons in Montecito. This does not make me jealous of my old self. Not one little bit.


2004 - We lived in Brazil, and for some reason I posed for a photo in a bikini. I think this is the only photo like this that exists in the world.


2003 - My hair was really big and blonde, and Ben was doing the scruffy face thing. Hot stuff.


Wowser! A lot has happened in the last 8 years. Do you think those two people above ever thought that this crazy mister would exist?



We are such a lucky family! Happy (almost) birthday, Peter!

2 comments:

Sarah Richardson said...

LOVE IT! I actually showed Vivi that video of Peter today and she laughed and laughed. We can't believe he's going to be two, either. Great trip down memory lane - loved it! :) xoxo

Dorothy said...

Loved the photos. You two just belong together. So many fun memories you have. And..so much to look forward to.